Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"KFC" Sandwiches

It has been ages since I've made seitan, mainly because Ben has decided he doesn't like it.  I do, though, and I thought maybe he just didn't like the specific recipes I've been making, so I decided it would be a good idea to try some other ones and try to win him over.  This seitan is a recipe called No-Cluck Cutlets from Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day, and in this sandwich it's coated in batter and crushed cornflakes and fried, which I thought might help disguise the seitanness of it.


I thought this sandwich was KILLER.  Ben said, "it tastes like seitan."  Dangit!  I think I'm going to start using tofu for his portion of sandwiches like these and keeping the seitan all for myself.  I like it!

The best part of this sandwich was the sauce, which was mayo with diced pickles and onions and black pepper mixed in.  Why did I  never think of mixing stuff into mayonnaise until I tried veganism?

No comments: