Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Taco Time!

I think we can all agree that tacos are one of the best foods of all time.  I love them.  We eat them pretty often, but as far as I'm concerned not nearly often enough.  Ben and I started talking about it and decided to have a week of All Tacos, All the Time, each night a little different.  

For the first night of Taco Week I made tofu chicharones from Viva Vegan.  Tofu is crumbled up into little pieces, marinated in liquid smoke, soy sauce, garlic, agave, and red wine vinegar, then fried until crispy.  It was super delicious, salty and smoky.


And here's all the other stuff - avocado, tomato, sour cream, queso blanco, cabbage, radishes.


Tacooooossssss!!  I cannot claim credit for the yellow Mexican rice on the side -we were sent home with delicious leftovers from a Latin feast at a Christmas party on Saturday night.


Day One: Success.  We are feeling pretty excited about this idea.

No comments: