Monday, December 10, 2012

Lemon-Mustard Tofu & Waffles (not together)

I made this tofu from Vegan Eats World the other day and it was basically the best tofu ever in history.  It is smothered in a lemon-mustard sauce and covered in thinly sliced onion and then baked for a long time.  So, so good.  I also had collards boiling away the entire time, which I then sauteed with some garlic and stuff so they were so soft and velvety.  I never thought in my entire life that I would be excited to eat boiled collards, but there you go.  I made some spicy Ethiopian millet to round it out.


This weekend we made pumpkin waffles in the brand-new fancy waffle maker my mom got me for my birthday!  Our old waffle maker was an extremely old hand-me-down from Ben's parents, and the last few batches of waffles we tried all stuck horribly.  I thought maybe the problem was due to eggless vegan recipes, but no!  Because these pumpkin waffles are vegan and they worked perfectly.


OK so everybody hang onto your hats, because this week is Taco Time in the McClure household.  We are having a new and exciting type of taco every single night!!  Stay tuned!

No comments: