Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Cooking

I have been cooking like a crazy person this weekend. This is especially nuts when you consider I was up until 3:00 a.m. Friday night and that we didn't get home until around 2:30 Saturday afternoon.

Yesterday I made vegan chocolate pudding for the first time, but I think I cooked it too long - it was really thick! Next time I will either use less tapioca flour (the thickening agent) or take it off the heat a little quicker. These were the ingredients:


(That's sugar in the measuring cup.) All obtained at the regular grocery store!

Yesterday I also made steamed seitan and tofu ricotta in preparation for recipes to be eaten throughout the week.

Today I continued with the following:
- carrot raisin muffins (better than they sound)
- mock tzatziki (main ingredients: cashews and cucumber)
- annatto infused oil (for latin food)
- sofrito (just a mixture of garlic, onion, and green pepper, also for latin food)
- tomato sauce (for tomorrow's lasagna)
- edamame pesto (ditto)

And I also boiled up some chickpeas and black beans.

And finally, I made purple potato soup for our lunch. It was pretty weird - tasted like regular potato soup but it looked like black beans! Not very photogenic so you will have to use your imaginations.

No comments: