Sunday, April 17, 2011

Arroz con Seitan

For tonight's dinner I made a salad with mixed lettuces, faux (cashew-based) goat cheese, dried cranberries, and a spicy mustard-maple dressing. The dressing was STELLAR.


And the entree:


My go-to dish at our local Mexican restaurant in Pasadena was the Arroz con Pollo (rice with chicken). In this version, the pollo (chicken) is replaced with seitan.


Um, why can Ben take pictures that look like that and I cannot? He says he's going to give me lessons.

We also baked a lot this weekend - chocolate oatmeal cookies (Ben made these and they are enormous) and carrot-raisin muffins for breakfast.


The carrot raisins have more grated carrot than flour, and only 1/4 cup each of sugar and oil. I feel this makes it okay to eat two at a time.

No comments: