Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ginger Soba Stirfry

We've had Ben's parents in town and I haven't been cooking! But here is what I made for dinner Wednesday night and forgot to upload.

This is a basic stirfry with soba noodles & bok choy, and I added Gardein Beefless Tips for the protein. Since I've gone vegan I've used very few processed, pre-prepared meat substitutes, and we'd never tried these before. The flavor was good, but frankly, they freaked me out. They were too meatlike. I think I'm going to stick to my tempeh/tofu/seitan trifecta most of the time.


I should also mention that we went to Mo's Diner last night, an upscale restaurant in downtown Raleigh. I called ahead and told her I was vegan and she made me an absolutely stellar vegan jambalaya. I'm so appreciative when I'm served something other than a plate of broccoli and plain pasta! It was super dark in the restaurant so I didn't get a good picture, but I'm sure you can use your imagination.


No comments: