Thursday, April 30, 2015

Silver Linings

1. Lots of time at home in my pajamas watching TV.
2. Really good excuse for not having to go to 20th high school reunion.
3. Will not have to shave legs for months.
4. My boss decided to up my vacation to 4 weeks for some reason.
5. Don't have to worry about the annoyance of growing out my bangs.
6. Can eat whatever I want because who cares about being chubby when you have cancer.
7. Don't have to clean cat litter for three months.

----

I wrote that list on February 17th, the day before my surgery, when I was having to expend a lot of effort to think positively. It's still pretty accurate!  Although I will say it's far less TV/pajama time than I anticipated - with the exception of Friday night and sometimes Saturday, I am pretty much okay to do whatever I want, and still have a relatively hard time keeping up with my DVR. And I will say, it is more disconcerting than you'd think to go from a lifetime of shaving your legs every single day to just NEVER. It's weirder even than being bald on my head.

To the list, I will add:
8. Lots of people are really, really nice to me.
9. I've quit paying attention to the news for the most part. Hopefully I can keep this up after I'm through treatment because I am not looking forward to 18 months of presidential election nonsense.

----

I had treatment 8 of 12 yesterday, so only four more to go. FOUR! I may just be getting used to the cycle or maybe forgetting what it feels like to not be having chemotherapy, but I feel like parts of it are getting easier. At the very least, they are not getting worse. So that's a pretty big silver lining too.



No comments: