Monday, August 11, 2014

Cooking for Two

For the past month or so I've been obsessed with The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook. I got it from the library and after a week's worth of recipes ordered it from Amazon. I don't really know much about cooking meat and it has a really comprehensive range of ingredients and cuisines. I also love that it only makes enough for two portions, so I'm not tempted to overeat and/or don't end up with a bunch of leftovers. I've done a poor job of taking pictures but here is one thing I made last week, a summer quinoa/corn chowder with avocado and cheese.


I like the book so much I'm considering going through the entire thing in a systematic way, checking off the recipes like I haven't done since Appetite for Reduction!

In other news, I don't have any new pictures of him but Banana's recovery since coming off the phenobarbital completely has been pretty stunning. He is back to being a curious, affectionate pain in the ass, jumping on top of the 6-foot bookcases and knocking things off the counters onto the floor. Sometimes he scratches for a few seconds but never to the point where I'm worried he's going to hurt himself, and it's getting better all the time. He still has about a week before the drug will be completely out of his system, and we're pretty optimistic that he'll be completely over the itching by then. It's amazing. AMAZING. I guess when you stop giving an animal a medication to which he's allergic, the results are going to be pretty positive.

No comments: