Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blah

Banana had a seizure at 2:30 Saturday morning. I had sort of been trying to convince myself the first ones were a fluke and he wasn't epileptic, but I guess that is not the case. I spent most of Saturday wallowing. It's just not FAIR! He's so sweet and loving and ornery and hilarious and cute! Why does this have to be happening to this cat? 

Look how little and cute he was. 


Anyway, I'm better today. The people on the epileptic cat forum say that as long as the seizures are 6 weeks or so apart, that's considered controlled. So I guess now we just wait to see what happens. For the past two days he's actually been really calm and affectionate, even closer to what I would consider a Normal Banana than he has been since this all began. We have options - we can increase his Keppra, or add other medications - if his seizures are frequent. 

But it sucks. Waiting to see what will happen, not knowing, the fact that it's happening at all. Bummer times a thousand. 

No comments: