Monday, November 18, 2013

Out and About

Last weekend we tried a new restaurant that opened near our house, Latin Quarters. The theme is South American specialties, which as far as I know is a unique idea for Raleigh, and I've been anxious to try it out. It's been there a few months and is apparently working really hard to drum up business because they were very, very excited to see us and everyone came over to talk and offer us free cocktail samples and take a picture of us for their facebook page. Which reminds me to go check and see if they ever posted it.

Oh, good.


Well, anyway, you can see our food there - Benjamin got chorizo arepas and I got the mofongo with shrimp and crispy pork. Here is a better picture of my entree in case you care.


It was delicious! The desserts were especially amazing, but I did not take a picture. I really hope this restaurant makes it, because it's a unique concept for this area, plus we can walk there from our house.

The next day we met my friend Erin and her family for brunch at the Remedy, one of our downtown standbys. Erin is my oldest friend in the world - I have clear memories of playing Mastermind with her during game time in the third grade - but she is in Chicago now and we had never even met her kids before! Gus is the oldest, at age four, and he LOVED Benjamin. Kids always love Benjamin.


It was awesome to see Erin and makes me wish we all still lived in the same place. Too bad the only place we have in common is St. Joe, because who wants to live there?



No comments: