Monday, June 3, 2013

Socca Pizza

I made a new thing!

I've been hearing a lot about socca recently, a flatbread made with chickpea flour, and only last night did it occur to me that it's probably hot right now because it's gluten free. Well, who cares, because it's terrific and really easy. The only ingredients are chickpea flour, water, salt, and olive oil.  A LOT of olive oil - 1/3 cup. I used the recipe in Bean by Bean and she warns you not to cut the amount of oil, but seriously. I think I'm going to try 1/4th cup next time.

Anyway, so you mix up the batter and pour it into a hot, oiled cast iron skillet and then bake it. You can eat it plain, but you can also turn it into pizza, which is what I did. After 20 minutes in the oven, I took it out and topped it with chopped dried figs, blue cheese, and caramelized onions.


It was awesome, and even easier than regular pizza!  This is definitely a new item for the regular rotation.

No comments: