Friday, November 2, 2012

Apple Tempeh Triangle Dippers

My mom got me Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day for my birthday!  Yay!  I have had it on the Amazon Wish List for ages (and even moved it into my cart a couple of times) but could never pull the trigger.  There are some pretty awesome sandwich recipes in the book that I think will keep me occupied for a long time.

The first thing I tried, though, is not really a sandwich - Apple Tempeh Triangles with a pomegranate dipping sauce.  These look very fancy but using storebought puff pastry makes them super simple to put together.  The filling is just crumbled smoky tempeh, apples, pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon, and the sauce took 5 minutes to put together on the stovetop.


They were good at room temperature for lunch the next day, too!

No comments: