Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Atomic Tofu Pecan Loaf

I started making vegan dinners over two years ago and pretty often I still choose a recipe specifically because it sounds kind of hilarious.  I have no idea why this tofu pecan loaf (from Vegan Slow Cooker) is called atomic.  It seems like that should mean spicy, but it's not spicy at all!  It's another vegetarian meat-style loaf, this time made primarily from a picture of TVP, tofu, pecans, and oat bran.  I make another one from Vegan Diner sometimes but it's more complicated - this took no time to put together and cooked all day in the crockpot.  Look how realistic it is!


I've always topped meat loaf with ketchup, but this one is a half & half mixture of ketchup and A-1 steak sauce, which I totally recommend.  It adds some zest!  Maybe that's the atomic part.

1 comment:

orangek8 said...

Hot damn, that looks like meat!