Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Fifth Week: We Are Getting Tired of This

The tile guy was great. So professional and he did a great job. We chose marble tile for the bathrooms mainly because everything at Home Depot was beige and we didn't want to wait to special order anything. I thought it might be a bit much for the house, but it actually works great..


The terrible bathroom was coming together nicely. They ripped out the moldy drywall and started from scratch.


The sun room closet was still yellow. It was like a little window into the hellscape past.


With the floors being done, we were finally able to start bringing over boxes.


And Ben got to work on replacing all the light fixtures. This was the first one! It's in the kitchen.


We had about thirty-five fights trying to agree on light fixtures throughout the house. After much discussion, we decided on one ceiling fan only, in the sun room. Harriet had SIX of them, and they were all awful..





The tile man came to finish the floors on Monday and then they were DONE! The unpainted trim in this room was really stressing me out.



I brought over sweaters and boots.


And then we began a weekend of finally, finally finishing up the trim. You can see really clearly here what we were working with.


Ben had to do the crown molding in the front room because I am too short.




I love the laundry room. It's kind of amazing how it came together given that we essentially picked the tile as a last resort - again, because we didn't like anything else they had in stock - and we painted the walls this color because we had a lot of it left over from the kitchen.


I finally bit the bullet and painted the sun room closet. Painting closets seems like such a thankless job, but this one made a huge difference.


We took the doors off the bathroom cabinets to paint them, giving miniature horrible flashbacks of the kitchen.


I also brought over the contents of the coat closet!


Ben caulked around a lot of the woodwork where there were gaps. I'm lucky he's really good at meticulous detail work and also seems to like it. I mean, he complains, but he always insists on doing it.


OH HI here's more of the laundry room.


The terrible bathroom was officially reassembled! This was the last unpainted room in the house.


Mid-week, Jarek my floor man came over and finished the molding in this closet and also around the steps in the front room. Then I had to write him a check. He said in his deadpan Estonian accent: "That's a lot of money." I KNOW, Jarek. I know.


No comments: