Thursday, August 3, 2017

Whirlwind Weekend in KC

In June I had an action-packed weekend of kid-related activity in Kansas City. I was supposed to go in May, but a work meeting and cancelled flights out of New York ruined the whole plan, so I had to reschedule. It turned out to be for the best, anyway, because I ended up really sick on the original weekend and would have not been a very fun Aunt Molly. 

Griffin was out of town with his dad, but I got to see Sully & Mira play baseball and Harrison wander around being mischievous.

Sully only had one game. He got an RBI hit! He is still very small.


He told me he would throw my phone in the toilet if I didn't delete this picture. Joke's on you, Sulls!


Mira was playing in a tournament. I think I saw her play five games? Maybe six. I also went to her dance recital and took her to see Wonder Woman. She's always looked just like her mom, but it's getting pretty uncanny now that she's so tall; out of the corner of my eye I thought she was Hillary a few times.


Harry is the Banana of the Smith kids. He is so bad but so cute and is completely aware he can do whatever he wants and get away with it.


Mom and I managed to cram in a bit of the Sunday afternoon Royals game between Mira's softball and dance recital. Hillary's season tickets are coincidentally right in front of my cousin's, so I got to see some family I haven't seen since my grandmother died.


However, it started raining almost instantly, so we had some nachos and then had to leave for the dance recital. All for the best - the rain delay ended up being a couple of hours.


It was a weekend of nonstop action that gave me a really interesting glimpse into suburban parenthood! I'm tired enough just getting all my library books read most of the time; this lifestyle would kill me.

No comments: