Tuesday, February 9, 2016

LOOK AT MY CAR THAT I GOT

I've wanted a little Audi since we lived in LA. For well over a decade. It wasn't until a few months after the cancer diagnosis that I realized, "hey, I should go ahead and get an Audi." I'm a grown up! It's okay to have the thing I want! 


I was going to lease it but Ben did the math and kind of freaked out and we determined it made more sense to buy. I went to the Audi dealership with more than a bit of trepidation about the whole process, but it turned out to be much easier than I expected. There was only one new 2015 left on the lot, so it was already discounted. The salesman was very disapproving when I tried to negotiate further ("I can tell you right now my manager is probably not going to go for this,") but surprise! His manager went for it. Shocking.


I wanted an Audi mainly because of the following:
1. It looks awesome.

And I wanted a new car because:
1. Diet Cokes always fell over in the shitty cupholders of my Mazda6.
2. I couldn't see very well out of that Mazda, either. It was too big.
3. I wanted heated seats and bluetooth.

Look how I can park this right in the center of the spot without even trying! My terrible spatial awareness in the Mazda had become a running joke in the McClure household. I was seriously the worst at driving that car.


To my surprise I totally love driving it - so fast and powerful! Ben told me I would love the engine but I thought I wouldn't care about engines. I guess maybe everyone cares about engines when given the opportunity, though.


I keep trying to think of places to drive so I can hang out in the car. Yay!

No comments: