Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Three weeks PFC

Today I am three weeks out from my final chemo. I am still bald. 


It's getting pretty old. I don't like to be in the sun with a bald head and 100 degrees is too hot to wear a hat. I mean, not that I'd necessarily be outside in 100 degree weather anyway, but you know. A volunteer at chemo told me I'd start seeing growth at 3-4 weeks but I think that's optimistic - most people say a month is the very earliest. And people also say that it's pretty slow growth while on Herceptin, so I imagine it's going to be a while yet before I rid myself of the cancer patient look. I'm going to start taking weekly pictures, though, to mark my progress. 

I have my first Herceptin-only treatment tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how that goes. All the doctors and nurses act like it's going to be symptomless, and for sure it will be a lot more pleasant the day of - only 30 minutes of infusion time, no bloodwork beforehand, no Benadryl and steroids. I'm going at 8:45 and then coming straight to work! 

And then I start radiation on Thursday. I don't know yet how many treatment I'll have to do, but everybody cross your fingers it's only 4 weeks!

No comments: