Saturday, May 17, 2014

Epileptic Banana Update

It's been about 10 days now since the seizures and starting phenobarbital. It has been an extremely trying 10 days for me. It's a good thing I don't have human children because apparently I do a poor job of handling it when someone I love is sick. 

Banana is, as you know, a feisty and mischievous cat. That's why I think it's been so hard to see him spend much of the past week and a half in a daze. Even when he'd do bad things his eyes would have a sort of vacant look. 


But he really is slowly coming around. It hasn't been a linear progression - he'll seem pretty normal one day and then take a step back toward grogginess the next day. Overall, though, the trend is positive. And today, he's been awake and wandering around for the whole 2 hours we've been up so far and is currently chasing Papaya around the house. And, most importantly, he hasn't had any more seizures at all. 

So, I think things are probably going to be okay. MAYBE. I hope. We'll see. 

No comments: