Monday, July 8, 2013

Celebrating America

The only thing I did to celebrate America last Thursday was eat a bunch of delicious, unhealthy food. That seems like a pretty American thing to do, though, no?

For breakfast I made waffles with berries, but sadly we did not have any whipping cream so I just slapped some ice cream on there. Good decision.


Then I decided to make a cake. I've been wanting to bake something semi-complicated for a while and a random day off in the middle of the week seemed like a good opportunity. I found this recipe online that has universally positive reviews.


The bad news is that this thing was totally easy to put together and is absolutely horrendous for you. The icing! Two sticks of butter + 6 oz of chocolate! The first two pieces we ate were this size:


And then afterward we both felt like dying for hours. I was going to quit eating it altogether until it occurred to me I could just have a smaller piece. (See, this is why I am constantly having to start up with calorie counting again.)

It was real good, you guys. You should make it. Just don't eat 1/8th of the cake in one go.

No comments: